There’s something to be said for sunny mornings that start without care in the world. They’re peaceful, inspiring, and altogether wonderful. If you’ve read any post at all from me, you know I am a sucker for slow mornings. It’s when I am most likely to sit down and bust out some of my thoughts here in this little space.
But lately, I can’t seem to get myself out of bed before 7:15 (I’m usually up an hour before!) and when I do get up, I spend the rest of my time before I have to get ready taking Hattie outside and starting my coffee. Like I said, I move slowly in the mornings, people.
Or, maybe that’s all an excuse and I haven’t been writing because it doesn’t feel easy. Life is crazy. I’ve been traveling, sick and honestly feeling like I don’t have much to say. I’ve filled my time with work, doctor’s appointments, making moving plans and jetting off for a few business trips in the middle of it all (which has been a BLAST). I am not complaining one bit, I just haven’t made writing a priority. And it needs to be. It fuels me, re-centers me and, even when it’s not easy, it inspires me to write something down again tomorrow.
So. I’m back. I’m going to keep writing. Even if it’s simply one sentence of something that I’m thankful for. Something that inspires me. I’ll start today.
Today, I am thankful for…
1. Getting to be at Buckhead Church with Adam sitting together in church and worshipping with him. I am so proud of him and I cherish every moment we share together, especially in worship.
2. A community in Athens that is CELEBRATING our move big time. No one has to go out of their way to include us and get us excited for our move, but everyone there is. It has been an incredible few weeks preparing to go back.
3. Figuring out the root of my stomach pain and (hopefully) hives! I have a gallbladder issue and thankfully, it’s a relatively easy fix.
4. Incredible friends. Man, we are going to miss our Gwinnett fam so stinking much. They truly are some of the best people the planet and it’s hard to imagine not being able to do so much together and live in constant community with them.
5. Family. They are just the jam. Every single one of ’em. Adam, mama, dad, Steve, Kathy, all the siblings. Don’t know what we’d do without them.
What are you thankful for today? Or, how do get “re-inspired” when you’ve been in a rut?